Life sometimes moves faster than we realize, but a day of cannabis and self-care can help slow it down. We give so much of our time to our job and the people we care about. There’s nothing wrong with altruism but it’s important to remember to take care of yourself.
D.I.Y. Cannabis Products to Designed to Soothe
When it comes to making at-home spa products, the best tool in your arsenal is green tea. According to researchers Alexander Zink and Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann, green tea can be beneficial for the skin and help with a healthy inflammatory response.
You can reap the benefits of both green tea and cannabis by combining them in your own D.I.Y. spa products. Not sure how to do it? No worries—here are a few of our at-home favorite recipes for a self-care spa day:
Cannabis Aromatherapy Massages for Self-Care
Plant terpenes have a wide range of benefits, and so does cannabis. Experience the soothing effects of both by combining them. Our favorite method? Mix a drop or two of your favorite essential oil into a generous smudge of Papa & Barkley Releaf Balm. Use your terpene-rich cream to rub the sorest parts of your body (or enlist someone to help you out) for a relaxing and renewing experience.
Kikoko Green Tea Face Mask for Your At-Home Spa Day
Try out this D.I.Y. face mask recipe for glowing, renewed skin. Convince a few friends to join you over Zoom and snap a few selfies of your skin-care routine together. It’s like Girl’s Night Out all over again. You will need:
- 1 bag organic green tea (no additives)
- 1 Honeyshot by Kikoko Tea (cannabis-infused manuka honey)
- Blender or mortar/pestle
Cut open the bag of green tea. Use the blender or your mortar and pestle to grind it into a powder.
Cut open the Kikoko honeyshot and combine with green tea powder.
Spread an even layer over the skin on your face. Leave for 10 minutes, using the time to focus on relaxing from your toes all the way up to the top of your head. Breathe deeply and enjoy the sensation of this soothing green tea, THC, CBD, and manuka honey face mask.
Cannabis Aromatherapy: How Terpenes Can Help with Self-Care
Terpenes are aromatic compounds that occur naturally in plants such as cannabis, rosemary, and lavender. You may be familiar with specific terpenes (such as linalool and myrcene) through your cannabis journey, or you may have just experienced plant terpenes in the context of aromatherapy. According to the National Institute of Health, plant terpenes contain many beneficial properties that contribute to overall wellness and health.
Combining the powerful health benefits of cannabis with plant terpenes is a great way to further your self-care and make your at-home spa experience even more relaxing and rewarding. To create a full-service experience for yourself, try these spa mainstays:
- Hot towels. Layer a bowl with fresh lavender, mint, or cannabis leaves, then place rolled-up hand towels in the bowl. Cover with water, then microwave. The warmth will release the natural aromatic compounds in the leaves and help relieve the sore muscles in your body. Layer the hot towels over your collarbones and give yourself a massage.
- Healthy snacks. Make a yogurt parfait with hemp hearts, snack on a CBD weed gummy, or enjoy some cannabis-infused healthy food.
- Candles. Light a candle, then light one up. Canndescent pre-rolls are blended for a curated mood, so choose your favorite and enjoy your enhanced state. You can pick up some artisan candles from your local farmers market or support independent sellers online. Lighting a candle to diffuse natural terpenes into your space will help you feel like you’ve been transported to another place, and the calming effects of cannabis will make it even better.
- CBD products. Low-THC, high-CBD weed gummies by Plus are great for a stress-busting, soothing experience. Cucumber-lime and sour blueberry gummies bring balance with a perfect mixture of your favorite cannabinoids.
- 1:1 vape carts from Care by Design have the perfect formula of CBD and THC to bring your spa day to a higher level.
Where to Buy Cannabis-Infused Ingredients for Your D.I.Y. Spa Day
Let us take care of you. We’ve carefully curated our website content to provide inspiring health and wellness tips, self-care ideas, and indulgent cannabis recipes. Browse our site for inspiration, then shop for whatever you need online. With a well-curated menu of cannabis products, you can find anything at our store: CBD creams, tasty weed gummies, pre-rolls, and of course—cannabis tea. People’s offers free weed delivery to most Orange County addresses, so order your cannabis online today and see if you’re eligible.
People’s is a community, and keeping stress levels low so you can keep helping the people you love is important to us. We’re here every day of the week to serve you, and we can’t wait to help you find balance and take great care of yourself.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting Irvine Weekly and our advertisers.